Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Another Birthday

Thursday, August 16th was my birthday. That is the day I scheduled to get my lap band filled at the hospital in Blackfoot which precluded any significant birthday meals because I am now on a liquid diet for four days. I was blessed to hear from each of our children wishing me happy birthday. But I told Dad all I wanted was to visit the King Tut exhibit at the Museum of Idaho in Idaho Falls. There were many beautiful and fascinating items on display and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This also gave us the opportunity to visit and stay overnight with Leslie, Matt and boys. Dad helped Matt fix a lawn mower that needed a minor repair but Matt didn't have the right tools. We had fun with the boys, especially with little Jaxon. Dad watched the modern day version of "The Three Stooges" movie with the older boys and had a lot of laughs that brought back memories of the originals back in the late 50's and early 60's. Talk about mindless humor! We also were impressed with their new lawn, landscaping and garden. In fact, that evening for dinner Leslie fixed fresh corn on the cob from the garden that was delicious (so everyone said while I had my liquid dinner). Highlights of the museum follow:





No comments:

Post a Comment