Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Trip To and From Nampa

On the way to Nampa to help Duane and Julie we stopped in Rupert to see our friends, Ernie and Gwynne Ramey. Leo worked with Ernie for many years at AMI. It was good to see them again. 

Our next stop on our way to Nampa was for a visit with my brother, Glenn, in Twin Falls

In Boise we stayed one night with my sister, Jane.
While there we went to see her son, Lee and Christy’s new home they just built this past winter. It was a very nice home. Christy fixed us some “Gone With the Wind.” I hadn’t had this in a long time but my mother used to make it often. In Boise I also got to visit a couple of my old friends. One was Jacque Behler with whom I worked for years at Fitness, Inc. in Pocatello. We had had a lot of fun working together. I also got to see Elaine with whom I had gone to junior high and high school in Jerome. What fond memories I have of these friends. I wish I could have spent more time with them. On our way home we stopped again in Twin Falls to visit our friends, Dave and Nancy Wanner, who live between Jackson, Wyoming and Preston, Idaho.
They were babysitting their daughter’s young son while she was vacationing with her sisters. Her husband was home but he works graveyards. While there we walked the short distance from the apartment to the edge of the Snake River Gorge for views into the canyon.


The Perrine Bridge in the background is a popular base jumping location at nearly 500 feet above the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment