Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hiking and a Dance














































Fri Jan 21
This was a tiring but fun day. We started by hiking the Canyon Lake trail up highway 88 for about 3 miles. There was an elevation climb of about 2000 feet giving us a nice view of the lake and the distant Battleship Mountain and Weavers Needle Peak. The trail was very rocky and rough and we were on the trail for about 3 hours. Coming back down was hard on my toes as they were jammed into the end of my shoes. I was glad to get back to the car. When we got home the water was off in the park. We did a sponge bath with wipes so we could get ready for the Buddy Holly dance at the clubhouse. There were three members in the band and they played many familiar songs from the 50's and 60's. We met some new people and had a great time dancing. By the time the dance was over the water was restored in the park. Some day I guess I will have to let go and see myself as getting old. I think that is a hard pill to take even taken in small pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment