Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 3




Mom was finally shamed into posting something in her own blog: “I am alive and well. I put the fishing pole down and we are headed for the barn. I know that some of you thought that I was killed and must have been hidden somewhere on the tundra. Not so. I am having the best fun in life (fishing and touring around) but like most folks heading for the barn you get anxious to get back for what ever reason. You just want to get home. We have met a lot of neat people that are full time RV’ers. We learned a lot about what you need to do to live on the road. We have had some sun the last two days but now we have a haze from fire some where not too close to here. Go figure. We either get clouds or smoke-hazy pictures. I guess you will have to make the trip to see how beautiful it really is up here. I’ll see you all very soon. Well, maybe in a week or two.”
Actually we still have a lot to see on the way home that we did not see on the way up. We plan to take the Cassiar Highway and then jump over from Prince George to visit Jasper, Banff, Yoho, Waterton Lakes and Glacier National Parks on the way home so don’t count on seeing us until the first of September. Today we traveled to within about thirty miles of the Canadian border for a fairly short day but the road was full of whoopty-doos which kept speed down. The nicest scenery was views of snow-capped Mount Sanford (16,237 feet), Mount Drum (12,010 feet) and Mount Wrangell (14,163 feet) that are east of Glennallen in the Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and we had one brief bear sighting. Gene’s step quit extending and Gene and I spent a couple of hours trying to fix it to no avail so they will finish the trip stepping out onto their step stool. Mom again: “I lost my bet to Dad. I bet we would not see a moose today. Then I added or a bear. See it just doesn’t pay to bet. Oh well, you win some and loose some. I guess I broke even on the trip.”

1 comment:

  1. Haha I loved hearing mom's post and I like her idea of a week or two better than beginning of Sept :) but I hope you have lots of fun and stay safe either way.

    ReplyDelete