Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hope for and End to My Pain

Wed Mar 9

Well I finally got a diagnosis for what is causing my shoulder to hurt so much. With the aid of an x-ray the doctor diagnosed calcific tendonitis.  He gave me prescriptions for a pain killer and cortisone pills. From what the doctor said the problem should improve within a week if it follows the normal course. Direct cortisone injections or surgery are rarely needed. If it were not for the pain the problem usually corrects itself within one to four weeks by itself with no treatment. Heat treatments and shoulder exercises I have been doing are supposed to help healing and to prevent a frozen shoulder from lack of movement while the pain persists. I don't handle pain well and it will be a great day when I am free of this pain. Thanks for your prayers and kind thoughts in my behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment